How To Clean Crocodile Leather
There are a number of ways to clean Crocodile leather, below is a list of steps to follow:
1. Start off by using wooden shoe tree's for the Crocodile leather. By doing so the tree's will help the leather achieve a deeper clean and fill any unwanted cracks on the shoe.
2. Clean the shoe with either a Reptile cleaner which you can purchase at your local shoe repair store or use saddle soap & water.
(note: you can use cold, luke warm, or hot water depending on your preference)
3. After cleaning the shoe, dry off the leather with a small rag.
4. Apply Mink Oil (recommended brand Meltonian) which conditions and waterproofs the leather.
Note: this can be used for all colors.
5. The final step is buffing the shoe to shine with a soft cloth, you can use any cream or paste (no liquid to avoid cracking).
If you have a personal preference of using a polish to match the shoe color, doing so is acceptable in the cleaning process.
Note: examples of wax/polish = Lincoln wax or Kiwi polish
6. Do not apply any acid or chemicals on the leather!